Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Lovely Bones Icicle

Have you read The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold?  It was one of those books I didn't want to read yet I had to finish.   Not a favorite, yet it did make an impression.
If you did, remember the part about the icicle of death?  My house has one of those. It is HUGE.  HUGE!!!!!!  It is right where I park my car.  When this one comes down, I am afraid it will do some damage to whatever or whoever is in the way. 

There are a few wires going into my house, but my biggest fear is that it will hit ME as I get into my car. Today will be a bit warmer with rain, and either increase the size or it will fall off. 
I'll keep you updated.

Oh for those who didn't read this book, and want to know what I am talking about, this is it.
A little girl was murdered at the beginning of the story. The case was never solved even though the little girl could look down from heaven and see him.  In the end her killer was walking beside a building, and a huge icicle broke off at that very moment stabbing him and he died.  Then it melted away.  The perfect murder. The question was always did she have anything to do with this murder or was it a coincidence?

Penny enjoying the snow.

Gotta have a Penny photo as she is the only one loving this weather in my house.





No comments:

Post a Comment