Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finished China RODs!!

YES!!  I did it!!  I created 9 RODs in 4 days.  It's a miracle!  It was so much fun.  I hope the recipients will love them as much as I do.

In June I was fortunate enough to travel to China with a group of 11 other people for 2 weeks.  It was an amazing adventure.  I think about China every day.  

Monday Dec 6th we are having a reunion as we have not seen each other since.  I  have made these books as a surprise for my friends, hoping they will use them to store their precious memories and treasures they picked up along the way.

The books are small, 6" x 6".  The outside is a red Chinese brocade with green dragons.  Inside is a print with Chinese characters.  I also added a plastic pocket.
I'm a bit nervous giving these as gifts, as I don't know how they will be received.  
Check out my flickr site for more photos.



5 comments:

  1. Awesome Lee. Love the inside fabric too. It's very cool. These look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely wonderful. If they are not received well by someone I would be happy to claim that one for my own. I don't care if I am not in the photos - I'll digitally insert myself and pretend that it was MY trip of a lifetime. What a great treasure! You are a fantastic travel companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the most delightful
    gift you could give anyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these China ROD journals, your friends are going to be amazed and so pleased to have one of these treasures for their memories!

    ReplyDelete